April 20, 2012

Updates

Updates:

1) My kids have fevers.  It's very sad and pathetic.  They don't have runny noses or coughs...just fevers.  McKay is especially pathetic and adorable.  I think it's going to be a long night.  He still gets up to eat at 12, 3, and 6. (Some nights it's only 2:30 and 6).  I didn't think it could get much worse than that.  I think I was wrong.  

2) Jax went the entire day without a single accident.  Yeah for having only one child in diapers again!  It will probably still take another week or two before he's got it down perfectly but I think he'll get it figured out.

Today he pointed to a piece of paper with his name written on it and said totally out of the blue, "Jax - J-E-X."  I went over to see what he was looking at and sure enough...it was his name.  He's a clever one.  Even if he thinks his name is spelled J-E-X.  

3) I've been learning Lightroom this week (it's like photoshop) and LOVE it!  Thanks to my technological brother for getting it for me.

4) I feel like I should write something about Sadie.  I'll try to think of some of the funny things she's said lately.
  • While in the car she said to me in reference of McKay, "Mom he is so cute. Can we keep him?" 
  • Today I overheard Sadie talking to Jax while they were playing with cups and water in the shower and this is how the conversation went..."Mommy spider we need to kill your baby spider now." Pause. "Yup, he's dead Jax.  Good job little buddy.  Now we can finish our beautiful paintings."  I went in there to see what was going on, and there was not a spider in sight, thank goodness. 
  • She's forever instructing Jax on our family rules..."Jax you need to share.  If you don't share it will make mommy cry buddy" or "Jax these are your big boy undies, you need to keep them dry or it makes big messes for mommy."  
I love her.

That's all.

Except, I don't think I can do a blog post without a picture.  

Here's one of Sadie and Andrew from this week.  Sometimes they're best friends and sometimes they're not.  Luckily this day they were both LOVING each other.  They kept running from dinosaurs and playing in the water fountain.  Jax trotted along behind them wherever they went, giggling all the while.  


And one more picture of my sweet, sleeping, sick baby....


1 comment:

Mary said...

How are my babies doing today? I tried to call you several times. Breaks my heart to know they're sick. They're in my prayers. Call me after Church tomorrow or send me a quick email. Love you, Honey! Hope you get some rest!

Mom