November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


Oh how I love holidays!  The food and family and naps and help and extra time with Ben and all the recreation - it's just so great.  I don't even really like Turkey, stuffing, or mashed potatoes; but I love the holiday anyways for all the fun it offers.

This year we celebrated Thanksgiving at Mike and Sarah's.  They were excellent hosts and we had a delightful time.



Smoochie, smoochie!

Kimmy, Christy, and I stayed at the house 'babysitting' my mom most of the week.  It was pleasant to just play with the kids and chit-chat.  They are such great aunts!  My life is so much easier when they are around!!  I hope I can return the favor one day :)








One afternoon we went to the park for some baseball and tennis.  We had the best time!  It has been years since I've played Joe at tennis.  We're both extremely competitive.  The problem is he has talent, too; and that's something I'm lacking.  I tried to put up a good fight, though.

Julie played a little tennis, too.  I thought it was going to put her into labor.
 Her due date was yesterday.  Still no baby, though.  
These two totally love each other.  This was a candid moment I caught.

My dad is so good and helpful with the grandkids!
He's always offering to help!  Thanks Dad :)
I have officially decided that Thanksgiving is a man's holiday.  They play football and then watch football while the women cook.  Where's the justice in that?  Well, I decided the payback comes the day after - Black Friday.  I have never dared to go shopping on Black Friday but this year my sisters, Dad, and I headed down to Ellenton Outlet Mall where we had a blast and tons of success.  It was so different to shop without having to stop to change diapers, make bottles, and control meltdowns.

But, before we went to Ellenton we stopped at Fort DeSoto for a sunrise photo shoot.  The sun rises between the two center spires of the Skyway Bridge twice a year and it happened to be on Black Friday this year.  It was great fun!    




Oh how I love holidays!

3 comments:

Crystal and Jordan said...

sooooo fun! yes thanksgiving totally a mans holiday! Sure miss your family they are so fun!

Kimmy said...

Wow, you do a really good job of making me look really good alicia ;) or maybe its my natural beauty. That was fun. I especially enjoyed the sunrise actually. Very fulfilling being up and going at that time of day. I thank you for persuading me to go.

P.S. Sadie is adorable. Jax is precious. I love you all.

Christy said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I love being home with you. And thanks from me also for the persuasion to get up early for the sunrise. It was worth it. :)