August 25, 2008

Early Morning Seminary

Well, I called* to be the seminary** teacher in our ward*** yesterday. I have mixed feelings about the assignment. In some ways it's really nice because I have been trying (and failing) all summer to start a routine of getting up at 6:30 to study the scriptures and workout. So, this is forcing me to study and I have time to workout before Sadie wakes up at 7:30. Also, it's really fun to have students again and be lesson planning. However, class meets at 6 am which leaves little time for precious sleep. It's challenging because Sadie stills gets up several times each night so instead of getting 5 or 6 hours of sleep - it's more like 4 or 5! And I am a person that LOVES my sleep. Always have. But, like all things in life, I've discovered if you do what's right things have a way of working themselves out.

*A 'calling' is a service based assignment. Examples of callings include teaching youth, greeting people at the doorways, being a Bishop of a ward, leading the music, helping people with genealogy, ect.

**Seminary is an early morning class for the high school aged youth. It takes place every day that school is in session. They study each book of scripture (Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, and Doctrine and Covenants) during their 4 years of high school. This year we are studying the New Testament.

***A Ward is a congregation of members in a geographical area. We are the Hudson Ward.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Alicia! You'll be such a great teacher. I hope the adjustment won't be too rough (being able to get enough sleep), and will help you reach those goals you have for yourself! Good luck, have fun!