June 14, 2012

My Feelings

I feel like I swallowed razor blades.

I feel like there is an elephant sitting on my chest.

I feel like my head might explode.

I feel like this cold is never going to go away and I'm going to die a slow and miserable death.

I feel guilty because I'm too weak to care for my own children and I keep interrupting others' lives to help me out.

I feel amused when I hear myself attempt to talk because the sounds resemble the squeaks of a mouse.

I feel grateful for antibiotics but feel that they aren't working very quickly.

I feel dread for bed tonight because the last three nights I've just tossed and turned in pain and don't rest soundly.

I feel so happy that only McKay and I picked up this cold and McKay is already over it.

I feel sad that my body isn't producing enough milk for McKay and he seems hungry and unsatisfied.

I feel relief that Ben stayed home to take care of me today, but concerned because he really couldn't afford to be away from work right now.

I feel worried that this silly cold is going to interfere with Jax having a fun birthday and Ben having a good father's day.

That's how I feel.

I hope I feel differently in the morning.

2 comments:

Joe said...

I now feel grateful that I don't have a cold.

My (Almost) Daily Reminder said...

I feel grateful for friends that are so honest with their feelings and helps me to feel normal.