May 25, 2011

The Final Weekend

Kimmy has officially entered the MTC.  The past weekend was very busy with Christy's open house and Kimmy's mission farewell.  We drove down to Seminole and/or Tampa 6 days in a row.  Thankfully Sadie and Jax were cooperative and easy going most of the time.  Anyways, here's a quick recap....

Thursday
The kids and I went down to the house to help with open house decorations.  Christy and Matt flew in that evening.


Friday
I had a doctor's appointment and then Christy, Matt, Kimmy, the kids, and I went to Clearwater beach.  That evening we went to a Thrashers baseball game.

The gang shown above during the 7th inning stretch.

Sure love these two!

Baby Joseph and Sadie embrace.

Joseph and Sadie doing 1-2-3-Swing with Kimmy, Christy and Matt. 

Doesn't Joseph have the cutest little smile?
Sisterly moments shown above and below





Saturday
We actually had a relaxing morning and afternoon.  That evening we had Christy's open house at my parent's house.  I forgot my camera so I have no pictures.  However, Kimmy and I did Christy's hair and it turned out quite nicely.  Wish I had a picture to show for our hard work.

Sunday
We went to my parents' ward for Kimmy's talk and then back to their house for lunch.  That evening Kimmy had her mission open house.  Again, no pictures - so sad.

Monday
Ben took the afternoon off of work and we went to Ft. DeSoto beach with some of the family.  Sadie loved playing in the sand and Jax loved eating the sand - to each his own.


Ben appears to be nursing Jax, but in fact, he is just rocking him to sleep.

Kimmy was set apart that evening at the church.


















Tuesday
We went to the airport to see Kimmy off.  We all cried our eyes out.  It was really hard to see her go.


Sadie shown above making Kimmy laugh.

The final farewell moment. 



It was a fantastic weekend.  It was great fun to spend some time with Christy and Matt, and it was exciting to see Kimmy off.  She'll be a fantastic missionary!  Can't wait to see how the next 18 months change her life and how she is able to be an instrument in changing the lives of others.

4 comments:

Raven said...

First of all, you're looking great. I can't believe it's almost baby time! Secondly, it totally does look like Ben's nursing him. Gave me a good laugh :)

Shelby said...

I absolutely love this post. I came to your blog just to see if you had some info about your last days with Kimmy! I love how each of the girls has short hair now - you guys have a picture perfect family! Love you all! Make sure I get the forwards of her emails!!! We'll be praying for her EVERY night!

Johnson Family said...

What a fun week with Kimmy, and busy too!
It is hard to say goodbye. I remember crying a lot when my brothers went on their missions, and crying even more when I left on my mine. Letters and emails will be so fun to receive though. I'll have to ask you about Kimmy every once in awhile to see how she's doing.
Oh, and Alicia you are so cute when you're pregnant! Can't wait to meet your newest little one.

Alicia said...

Shelby - you're such a good friend to Kimmy. Thanks for the pregnancy compliments. I definitely don't feel cute but it's nice to hear it anyways ;)