July 23, 2008

Mommy Baby Play Group



I never imagined I'd get to the point in life where I would be part of a mommy-baby playgroup but it's happened. The ironic part is I really look forward to it each week. There are four to six moms at church that meet every Wednesday at different parks in the area to socialize and let the kids run off some energy. Now that it's summer and sweltering we've been going to the pool every week. These past few weeks Sadie has LOVED the water. I'm not sure she totally understands what's going on - she knows something is different, but isn't quite sure what. Even when she gets splashed she doesn't seem unhappy. And there's a little one year old boy that Sadie adores. She starts 'flapping her wings' (as we call it) when she sees him. I keep telling her she has to play at least a little hard to get but she's not taking my advice.

We've taken her in the ocean twice, also. I think the loud sound of the waves scared her a little but once we got in she seemed content. As long as she's being held she's happy. Although next summer will be fun (she'll actually understand what's going on) - Ben and I are loving the fact she's immobile and we don't have to chase her yet. We'll see how long that lasts for.

4 comments:

Ben said...

What a cute li'l baby! Wow... again I say... Wow!

Christy said...

I don't think I've seen a baby cuter than my little niece Sadie. What a blessing she is not only to her mom and dad but to our whole family. There isn't anything more important than relationships that last forever.

Kimmy said...

awww!! she's adorable!! she gets that from me ya know ;)

Unknown said...

I'm sure Sadie will be the belle of the ball at the family reunion :) That's awesome that she doesn't mind water. Keyan's not a big fan... but I hope that will change! You can't have summer without swimming!