March 11, 2010

Life Lately 3.11.10

Life lately is good, real good.

Ben's busy season ended last week. Oh happy day! Good news, too: it was a GREAT renewal for the company! So, all of their hard work definitely paid off. He had been working 60 or 65 hours a week and when you couple that with the 10 - 15 hours he serves in the church each week there wasn't much of Ben left over for Sadie and me.

When Ben is home - life is magical! He plays with Sadie, does the dishes, let's me have alone time, get's Sadie ready for bed, puts her to bed....anything and everything that needs to be done, he helps me get done.

But, really, what I love most is how he plays with Sadie. He reads to her, draws pictures with her, gives her piano and guitar lessons, and he teases and chases her around the house. It's really quality, productive time he spends with her each night! Their laughter fills the house from 6:30 until bedtime. That's Sadie's favorite time of the day, so it was definitely a noticeable change to not have him around. I tried to do my best, but I'm just no Ben :)



In other news, I'm just entering my third trimester. I'm still feeling really good. Although, I do feel much bigger this time around. I keep wondering where three more months worth of growth is going to go.




(The above pictures do not do justice to how big I actually am,
however, they are the only recent ones I have of myself)

We still haven't chosen a name, although we are getting closer. There is a name we love (it wasn't on the previous list), but we are just trying to decide if it's right for this baby. Remember when you were a kid and it was so fun to think of baby names? First of all, none of those names you pick out as a kid you like as an adult. And, the chore becomes much more stressful when you have a deadline. Hopefully we'll figure it out soon, though!

Sadie has been healthy for a really long time now! The stage of getting colds every week seems to have passed. I think she's only had two colds in the last 5 months! It's so wonderful to feel like we can go places and do things again. For the first year and a half of her life I felt practically home bound. Now it's so easy to run errands, take day trips to fun places, or have play dates. I know that's going to change when the baby is born in a few months, but I'm really enjoying our current independence!



We really have a lot to be grateful for!

And that, is a little about life lately.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1) I love your capris
2) I am jealous that you have weather nice enough to wear them in
3) I am also jealous that you have a piano. But I suppose I'll just have to wait until we move back to Florida and claim my parents' :)
4) I am so happy for you that Ben is now home more. Dads really are the best at playing. I am also so happy for you that you're in the home stretch- wahoo! Hope you continue feeling really good.