August 17, 2009

Farewell, My Friend

Ben sold his beloved car last week. Below is my interview with him about this occasion:

Alicia: How long did you have your car?

Ben: Um....6 years, no, maybe 7.

Alicia: When describing your car, what color would you say it is?

Ben: It's maroon!!! It's not purple if that's what you're implying. I'll show you the title of the car, it's says it's maroon. (This was a long time fued between Ben and I).

Alicia: Okay, for the sake of the interview, I won't argue, but it seems to have a purple shade to me. Next question, what was your favorite thing about the car?

Ben: Hmm...that's a hard one. [pause] It got me where I needed to go.

Alicia: Dig deeper...what else? Did you like the stick shift the most, stereo, look of the car....what?

Ben: I don't know. It just got me where I needed to go?

Alicia: Moving on, what's your favorite memory of your car?

Ben: Our first kiss. No wait, probably our second kiss. Ya, definitely our second kiss! [Ben blushes].

Alicia: Good answer! What's your favorite trip you ever took in the car?

Ben: Let's see....probably Idaho Falls. That was fun, right?

Alicia: Very fun! Will you miss your car?

Ben: Not really.

Alicia: [Exasperated] WHAT???

Ben: Well, I'm not going to cry about it. (I cried about it the morning he drove off).

Alicia: Honey, there's nothing wrong with crying. Why don't you take a moment and go ahead and cry and then you'll feel better.

Ben: No, I don't feel bad about it at all. In fact, I'm just happy someone was willing to buy it.

Alicia: Okay, how do you feel about now driving my car?

Ben: [Shrug] It's fine I guess.

Alicia: What would be your dream car?

Ben: [He says this in all sincerity] To drive a car with less than 100,000 miles would be nice!

Alicia: Well, at least you don't have to drive a van!

7 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I loved your "interview" with Ben! So funny. I should have done the same thing with Bret when he sold his first car a few years ago.
So are you guys down to one car now then, or will you be buying another one soon?

Kimmy said...

That is awesome! Ben you are the best! I lov---- uhhh bye ben! (AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

Alicia said...

Hey Shannon! We have bought my parents van and we were waiting to sell Ben's car before we made the switch. So, now we have my car (the civic) and their van (the Odyssey).

How are you feeling? Not too much longer now :)

meyersmp said...

That was hilarious. Felt like I was in the room listening to the two of you talk. I'm only surprised that Alicia didn't ask Ben to share his "feelings" more.

Unknown said...

You have a mini-van?! You lucky thing. Cute interview. Hope you guys are doing well :)

Alicia said...

Thanks Chante! Actually the van is growing on me a lot more than I expected.

I've been meaning to ask you - did you guys start a new blog? I couldn't remember if I had heard something about that or not.

Hope you are feeling great!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Alicia! I have been feeling pretty good... just the late-pregnancy frustrations of not being able to bend over well enough to tie my shoes or shave my legs! :P

We haven't started a new blog... I just haven't posted in ages. Maybe I'll get around to posting something BEFORE the baby comes :)